Saturday, November 29, 2008

ouch

One of the fun aspects of being pregnant is interpreting the movements of my baby. This is a highly subjective process that is easily worked to my advantage. If the baby moves while I'm eating chocolate, obviously baby enjoys chocolate and would like some more. (Of course if I'm honest, most of the time I have no idea what the movements really mean - other than knowing that baby wants to move his/her limbs.)

A night or two ago, I work up at 4.30am absolutely ravenous. This isn't that unusual, and normally I get up and eat a banana or a couple of dried biscuits and go back to sleep. Except this time I decided that I really couldn't be bothered getting up and tried to just go back to sleep. At this baby moved, and it wasn't just the usual gentle kicking - it really hurt! So I took the hint, got up, and ate something and baby settled right back down again.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come...

1 comment:

wschuller said...

remember - God has made you the boss!